Saturday, October 02, 2004

Back to his roots ...

... John Kerry goes a' trippin.

First he asserts that the situation in Iraq can be resolved by a summit ... then he tells us that it is hypocricy to tell others to give up their nuclear weapons, even as we develop new, deep-penetration nuclear weapons for "bunker busting".

Didn't he say that he believes we should change our approach if it isn't working ... then I say again, why is he advocating a RETURN to the "September 10" reliance on multilaterialsm and diplomacy that dominated our foreign policy for the last 50 years ... a diplomacy that did virtually NOTHING to diminish the power of terrorists and dictators?

Now add to that the advocacy for what James Lileks has called "universal impotence" when it comes to weapons technology -- the goal of the nuclear-freeze movement that Kerry championed in the 1980's (even as he hobnobbed with the Sandinistas) -- by calling for our UNILATERAL abandonment of possibly the only weapons that can get to a rogue state's nukes.

Once again, his hippie roots are showing -- in particular, the myopic assumption that, if we get rid of the tools men can use for evil, that evil itself will disappear.

The reason such a line of thinking appeals to Leftists like Kerry is that it gives them an easy out from the "judgmentalism" of assessing the character and reputation of those who hold the power in these other nations. They think they don't have to acknowledge the evil and immorallity behind the threats (which could possibly lead to questioning their own character) -- if they can get rid of the means of carrying them out. The absence of that judgment renders the possession of WMD (not just nukes) by America and North Korea, Iran, and/or the Iraq of Saddam & Sons morally equivalent in their minds. (That's why they placed so much confidence in the Iraq WMD inspections process, as well.)

The problem is, their idealism blinds them to the futility of such an effort ... for if nothing but rocks are left, the evil guy still wins if he gets his hand on the biggest rock. Like the velociraptors in Jurassic Park, (evil) life finds a way (to subjugate good -- until good finds its way to strike back).

And once again, Kerry sells America short ... he refuses to see the difference between the checked-and-balanced management of our nuclear capability (with its effectiveness validated by history) by a government whose very structure was designed to protect our rights ...

... and the control of that capability by a relative few in NK and Iran, that are not subject to anywhere near the same checks-and-balances -- a relative few who also just happen to have near-zero respect for your and my right to live. In his eyes, BOTH must disarm.

To borrow a phrase from the USAF general in the movie Armageddon, this retard shouldn't be trusted with a potato gun -- let alone the nuclear football.

It would just be just another football ... like our loyal allies ... for him to punt away.

Comments:
"...the myopic assumption that, if we get rid of the tools men can use for evil, that evil itself will disappear."

First off: you used the word myopic.
Secondly: it was exactly the word you wanted for that illustration.

You're making a very good point.
 
Well, at least we found the "Global Test".

http://casebolt.blogspot.com/2004/10/back-to-his-roots.html
 
http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2004/10/what-is-global-test-many-of-my-regular.html
 
You have a great blog which I will bookmark!

Feel free to visit my direct email marketing site which has much of all the direct email marketing related stuff.

How To Get 6 Million Anxious People To Send You $6.00 Each! We'll even show you how to do it AUTOMATICALLY.
Click Here Now: direct email marketing

 
Blogger I was just looking online for info on get rich quick and ran across this blog. Actually Back to his roots ... was not exactly what I was searching for, it grabbed my attention. I understand now how I landed on your site when I typed in get rich quick related info, and I'm glad I found your page.
 
Blogger I was just looking online for info on make money and ran across this blog. Actually Back to his roots ... was not exactly what I was searching for, it grabbed my attention. I understand now how I landed on your site when I typed in make money related info, and I'm glad I found your page.
 
Wow! What a great blog you made, I am really going to bookmark you right now!
If you like then have a look at millionaire cause I want to help making you big profits and real cash!
Check it out if you want to earn big and easy ;-)
 
Hello, you have made yourself a great blog! I'm immediately going to bookmark you!
I have good news at bright future for you to see. It is showing you a whole lot! You are invited to check it out if you get time :-)
 
Do I have good Blog news for you! Now that I have bookmarked you can go to
lots and lots! and see how I can help you to earn a lot more than average! It is rewarding;-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?